Creamy Dairy Free Pasta Sauce With Ground Yak @practicalwellness_
Julia: It’s still my favorite warming way to use yak! Just an easy pasta with an incredible sauce! It’s very fall themed.
For the sauce:
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1lb ground yak
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5oz shiitake mushrooms
- Seasoning: salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, coriander, to taste
- 1 can organic canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat please)
- While cooking your pasta heat your skillet with some oil. Add your shallot and mushrooms. Sauté for 5-6 minutes before adding your meat of choice (yak is lean and similar to Buffalo meat). Cook through with seasoning. Taste to make sure enough salt has been added.
- Add your pumpkin, meat, and coconut milk to a bowl. Drain out your pasta and add. Mix through, adding more salt for the coconut milk and pumpkin.
- Taste and taste again. You’ll be using more salt than you think, but it’s necessary to balance out the sweetness.
- Top with some sage and feta crumbles